Thread: losing
View Single Post
Old 12-05-2005, 08:17 AM

Default Re: losing

Sorry about your downswing. IT happens to everybody. Every thing you do goes wrong and you can not catch a break.

At some point you get SO fruesrated that you think the game is rigged as ever 50% VPIPer is winning.

I had a 225BB downswing in 3/6 a few months ago. One of the best things you can do is keep a daily record. When swings happen you can look back and sii YOU CAN WIN.

When I went though my last nightmare I stopped Hold'm fora week and learned Omaha8. At least I read some books and played "for fun".

The key is to relax, drop down and get the fun back into the game. Swings have the risk of changing your play and THAT is called tilt.

It'll come back.

I've been online for 6 years and have a 2.5BB/100 in about 20 table hours a week. I've had two 200BB swings in the past year but normally 1 every couple years .

Look at it this way, it's not like you have forgottin HOW to play. It's more of a time setback from when you will hit you next high point. You KNOW sooner or later you will win again.

If you look at the hands you are losing and you see bad luck, it'll chance. Always does.

I was told once when I had my 1st nighrmare, you can tell how good you are by how you lose. Bad players give up, good players endure.