Thread: AJs
View Single Post
Old 11-17-2005, 08:35 PM

Default Re: AJs

[ QUOTE ]
The only point I'm trying to make here is we are likely talking about small amounts of EV either way. Calling and raising are way, way better than folding. Raising may be a little bit better than folding. This whole -- CALLING IS OMG HORRIBLE, CALLING BLOWZ, is just not necessary.

20% is not like ridic LAG. I am at like 18% or something and I'd say I'm smart LAG. Maybe he just goes crazy and raises any two from the cut off or button. Maybe he plays straight forward UTG. I really doubt you have his hand range just flat out ridiculously dominated with AJ suited.

How you play the hand after the flop is going to be a lot more important.

[/ QUOTE ]

precisely because we fear a smart LAG is why the reraise is good. if villain was dumb LAG, reraising is actually not so good.

the reraise forces villain to play a narrower range of hands postflop then had you just called which allows us to pick up a substantial amount of unclaimed pots.

The reason I feel calling is bad ( and perhaps my hyperboles were a bit over the top) is because a call is how good lags make money off of us. They take us off best hands when we both miss and when we play back the times we flop something, they won't continue in the hand unless if they have us beat.

your pfr is much higher than mine. so coming from a pseudo smart lag, wouldn't you agree that you would much prefer somebody behind you who reraised with a well defined range rather than somebody who occasionally threw in a well timed reraise bluff?