View Single Post
Old 11-05-2005, 09:42 PM

Default Re: AC\'s Jarhead movie review

In a half sentence: [censored] great.

This is one of the best movies I've seen in a long time. Very well done, very funny, and well put together. Those who say it has no political message, you are just wrong and missing the point. (maybe spoilers, if you haven't seen it just see it I give it a full rec) 1. The politics of the war dont really have much to do with what the movie focuses on, and 2. the movie does address the politics, in that one scene where they are driving out and one guy says "man this is bullshit we are doing this so some kuwaitis can wipe their ass with oil" and the corporal replies "STFU, we are here now and we are in this". that short exchange and the total lack of any other political discourse IS the political aspect. i thought that and the vietnam vet at the end made up a very strong political aspect. maybe political is not the right word but it deals with "the bad [censored] in war".

i havent read the book, im going to now though. maybe since i havent read it I will view it in a different light than those who have. i honestly give this movie a 9/10, maybe even 9.5, one of the best ive seen in a long time. im seeing it again.