Thread: Leaking finding
View Single Post
Old 04-27-2005, 11:13 AM

Default Re: Leaking finding

[ QUOTE ]
Ok, I have found some examples of AA hands I am over playing. Still, having trouble seeing where I could play more hands, see more flops, and win more often - ugh....

Anyway, thanks for everything so far.

***** Hand History for Game 1952625591 *****
$0.5/$1 Omaha Hi/Lo - Monday, April 25, 20:19:53 EDT 2005
Table Table 36328 (Real Money)
Seat 7 is the button

Smokeman10 posts small blind [$0.25].
beavis69 posts big blind [$0.5].
** Dealing down cards **
Dealt to beavis69 [ Td Jh 9d 9h ]
rhb393 folds.

UTG fold, there is a bet, a raise, and 3 calls - so i decide to see the flop due to the high potential of the hand for one more small bet, villian limper calls.

** Dealing Flop ** [ 9s, Jd, 6d ] Pot=$6
>You have options at Table 27467 Table!.
SB checks, I bet - 4 callers.
** Dealing Turn ** [ 3s ] Pot=$8.5
Again, I bet - 4 callers
>You have options at Table 36717 Table!.
** Dealing River ** [ Ts ]
I check, villian bets, folds to me, I make a crying call.
EricHoward shows [ Qc, 7c, Kh, Kd ] a straight, nine to king.
beavis69 doesn't show [ Td, Jh, 9d, 9h ] three of a kind, nines.
EricHoward wins $14.75 from the main pot with a straight, nine to king.
There was no qualifying low hand.

Nice 3 outer buddy.

[/ QUOTE ]

Preflop: Others have disagreed with this call, but you are getting over 10 to 1 on your money here. IMO your hand has enough potential to call and see a flop. It has nothing to do with 'defending', just a call based on odds.

Flop: Good flop IMO. True, the Jack in your hand reduces the amount of full house outs you have. But it also helps block someone else from having a higher set than you. You may proceed with your hand as if you had top set. Playing it is now the tricky part. A check raise with the intent to limit the field may be something to consider. But I'd bet out and hope someone raised me to help limit the field.

Turn: I'd check. You have lost some equity in the hand, with another low card and another spade. I'd check and either just call, or possibly even checkraise if it would limit the field. You want out flush draws, low straight draws, and low draws.

Just another viewpoint.