View Single Post
Old 04-26-2005, 03:58 PM

Default General low limit theory? - Help Me Please!

I am fairly new to online poker, I've played lots of home games though. When I began to play online, I did fairly well, using the basic strategies and gut instincts learned through live play.
Then I started to study.
I came here and started reading forums, I started reading Super System, I started watching videos - etc.
Now I am struggling in Low Limit online! It seems that the more I have learned and read, the worse my results have been in online play. I have definitely tightened up since studying, and I think that is what is hurting me in these low limit games! I got beat by Q [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 5 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] when I had pocket AA. I got beat by 62o when I had a K high flush. These beats are draining my meager bankroll quickly and I am frustrated.
What I am looking for is for a one-liner, a generailty, some basic advice to help me start winning some money again.
FWIW if I was to look at my game right now I would say I have to now loosen back up, and play more hands. That would be my gut reaction to the recent turn of events. Not sure if that is the right way to look at it, but that is the kind of thing I am hoping for here... basic advice to help me through this time of "growing pains".