View Single Post
Old 09-02-2005, 01:56 AM

Default Re: Evacuees being turned away from Houston\'s Astrodome

[ QUOTE ]
A lot of the people that will be found dead after all that water recedes are people that were caught completely by surprise by the ensuing flood. Those people should NEVER have been there - many of them could have left, but decided not to.

There were safety personnel and vehicles ready to go as soon as this thing hit, but they couldn't get in there because you couldn't get mass amounts of vehicles into the city quickly due to the rising waters.

[/ QUOTE ]

Some of what you say is true, a percentage of people stayed by choice, but I'm not sure what you know about the lower 9th ward, choice does not predominate there.

And I know people who drove out on the Crescent City connection on both Tuesday and Wednesday, I pray the people who left today made it, but if they can make it out, I want to find the people who could not make it in in the safety personnel and vehicles, and I suggest next time they hitch a ride with a reporter.

(And yes, I'm letting my rage out here, because I don't want my friends to have to deal with it...they have enough problems)