View Single Post
Old 12-07-2005, 06:44 PM

Default Re: ($109) Bubble with micro stack - I feel like such a donk

Problem with this hand is absent of a read his min reraise is likely a huge hand here. I think calling the pf raise is reasonable but not mandatory. You're oop so you're going to have a tough time playing a small pot whether behind or ahead. The only reason I might call is because he'll probably play TT - KK pretty slow if an A flops letting you get a cheap showdown, but I think this might be pushing it. A flush draw isn't great because you don't want to get it in flipping and he's likely calling so much because his range is likely so strong. I might fold to the reraise pf not because you're not getting odds, but because you're in an awful situation. On the flop I would try and see a turn as cheaply as possible, but would have no problem check folding to a pot bet. The bubble dynamics affect this hand so much; I think to the point of making the optimal line look incredibly different from the optimal line here 6-handed or even 4-handed with relative stack parity. I understand why you overplayed this hand, but that is what I think you did. Unfortunately the biggie's got you by the balls here and there's not much you can do IMO.