View Single Post
Old 12-07-2005, 06:32 PM

Default Re: ($109) Bubble with micro stack - I feel like such a donk

[ QUOTE ]
I respect your thoughts and posts. I really appreciate that you take the time to answer everyones post. This is something Curtains said in an annotated hand history that I posted a few weeks back.

" I think you have two choices with one being slightly better than the other. You either go all-in on the flop, putting your opponent in a difficult place or you check-raise-all-in unless your opponents bet makes them pot committed. I think the check raise all in is slightly better.

The problem with the all-in is that it doesn’t give your opponent to make a mistake. A check allows him to take a stab at the pot. The only time that checking costs you is if your opponent bluffs all-in, but I think this is unlikely. On the other hand, if you check and your opponent bets all-in or half his stack, then I would fold. But if your opponent makes a continuation bet, then I would reraise him all-in. This way if your opponent has nothing then you pick up some extra chips but if he has something then you are given the correct odds to win the hand. "

laters.

[/ QUOTE ]

The hand itself is not the problem here. If this were 4 way with everyone at 2500 each then, ok, maybe. What is donkish about the way he played the hand was getting this deeply involved on the bubble with the only guy that covers him, when he has a huge stack and someone else else has a tiny stack.

bad play....awful

Edit: Just wanted to add that when someone asks "was this push ok?" 20 posters and there mothers come up with exact EV calcs within the first 5 minutes, but Tigerite, you should see that this essentially the same thing...you led yourself down a series of steps that were, from their inception, -EV to begin with.

This BTW leads to a seperate post perhaps, but some interesting things come to mind about vying for bigstack status on the bubble and what that gains you and what the risk is in getting it.