View Single Post
Old 12-07-2005, 06:29 PM

Default Re: ($109) Bubble with micro stack - I feel like such a donk

I respect your thoughts and posts. I really appreciate that you take the time to answer everyones post. This is something Curtains said in an annotated hand history that I posted a few weeks back.

" I think you have two choices with one being slightly better than the other. You either go all-in on the flop, putting your opponent in a difficult place or you check-raise-all-in unless your opponents bet makes them pot committed. I think the check raise all in is slightly better.

The problem with the all-in is that it doesn’t give your opponent to make a mistake. A check allows him to take a stab at the pot. The only time that checking costs you is if your opponent bluffs all-in, but I think this is unlikely. On the other hand, if you check and your opponent bets all-in or half his stack, then I would fold. But if your opponent makes a continuation bet, then I would reraise him all-in. This way if your opponent has nothing then you pick up some extra chips but if he has something then you are given the correct odds to win the hand. "

laters.