View Single Post
Old 11-14-2005, 03:38 PM

Default Re: JJ gets donked on the turn in a huge pot with lots of players

[ QUOTE ]

This was a big part of why I posted the hand. I think my bouncing between 2/4 full and 3/6 6m made me want to raise here more than it should have, and in retrospect I think folding is correct after getting all those callers on the flop. I wanted to post to see if general option was fold > raise.

But also, I think it's good to point out just how bad calling is here, for all the reasons you mention. Specifically, I raised intending to fold to a 3-bet, and intending to check behind a huge amount of rivers.

Continued action:

Party Poker 2.00/4.00 Hold'em <font color="#0000FF">(10 handed)</font> link

Preflop: Hero is Button with J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
UTG calls, <font color="#666666">1 folds</font>, MP1 calls, <font color="#666666">1 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP3 raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="#666666">1 folds</font>, BB calls, UTG calls, MP1 calls, MP3 calls.

Flop: (15.50 SB) Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
BB checks, UTG checks, MP1 checks, MP3 checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB calls, UTG calls, MP1 calls, MP3 calls.

Turn: (10.25 BB) T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
BB checks, UTG checks, MP1 checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP3 bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, BB folds, UTG folds, MP1 folds, MP3 calls.

River: (14.25 BB) 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
MP3 checks, Hero...

[/ QUOTE ]
Yeah, check behind looks good here. I can't see him calling with anything that you beat, nor folding a Q.

What small percentage of rivers would you actually bet, besides a J? Or is that it?