View Single Post
Old 09-19-2005, 08:56 AM

Default Re: What should I do in Germany?

lots of good posts, here's what i would add as a 23 year old...

-go to the augustiner beer garden in munich. best beer in the world, beautiful cherry tree garden right next to huge office buildings, and if you go into the beer cellar at night (underground brick bunker - really cool) you can get a similar lound and friendly experience that you would get at hofbrauhous

-check out heidelberg. its in bavaria, so everyone is jovial, and it's one of the most beautiful cities i have ever seen. there is a castle that overlooks a river, and it's really well lit up at night. it's THE classic german small city. plus, there's a college there, so the bars downtown are packed and very fun. i'm extremely surprised nobody has talked about heidelberg yet. i've heard rumors that helen, GA was modeled after heidelberg.

-the deutsches museum in munich is my number 1 of all time. it's a science and technology museum, and i'm a mechanical engineer, so keep that in mind. but they've got some crazy stuff there, like the table where niels (sp?) and bohr first split the atom, the first car in the world, U-boat 1, that has been cut in half so you can see inside. lots of cool stuff.

- +1 on the football match