View Single Post
Old 12-18-2005, 10:18 AM

Default Re: Calling a possibly loose over-raise all-in with nines

There is missing info to form an answer specifically, what are the blinds??

What is the average stack? If startchips are T1500 and there are 45 left avgstack is T6000. In that case you gave a 2X average stack.

This is an AUTOMATIC fold. The raiser has a 1.3X avgstack and makes an all-in (100% at risk) bet. What do think he is doing that for?? To push you off with a big bet and some cheesy hand?? He's got something.

My question #1 is, what is the purpose of your T600 raise? I assume the big blind is T150 or T300 (unspecified here so guessing).

My question #2 is, what is your INADVANCE plan for handling any reraise??

You have absolutely no reason to call this. It's all-in and you cannot play him off the flop later. You have a 2X avgstack and have no immediate need to take any shots. Your 99 faces 20 overs in the deck out of 50. (All teh T,J,Q,K and A cards). 99 is nothing to be proud of in this spot given you chip count. (If you had a below avg stack or a stack below 15 bets, you can go for it. Why go from chip lead to crippled cinflip loser in just one hand at thsi stage of the event?? I can't think of ANY reason to call this here.

What was the PURPOSE of your T600 opening raise?? Where are you going with this raise? Any idea? Every bet needs a contingency plan. Without that, you will find yourself doing some implusive and very stupid things, for example: calling here.

If the purpose of your raise was to tease/antagonize the good hand(s) behind you to identify themselves, you just achived your objective. T600 lost represents a 1/2 of 1 percent stack loss.

You fold automatically.

Note:

If the re-raise pusher was a small (no threat to you) and small enough, you MUST take a shot at him. He's not. He's a threat. Call and lose and you go from Hero to goat in one bet.

If you call and win this, others in the know are going to start taking shots at you. Do you really want all kinds of lose action from midsize and largestacks observant enough to notice you flipped a coin for 75% of your huge 2X avgstack?? If that's what you want, by all means call this.

The fold is AUTOMATIC.