View Single Post
Old 06-18-2005, 10:31 PM

Default Re: Explain This (Or simply Dismiss And Ignore It)

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
If anyone thinks we went to war for freedom, that'd be funny, because its a joke.

There were a couple factors in the Iraq war. It had to do with oil, but not in the way ppl expect. It actually has to do with the dollar vs. the euro (with Nixon taking the dollar off the gold standard, what is the dollar now based off of? Oil.) -- Iraq was the first and only country that started buying oil with the Euro. A big no no, for the US economy...911 provides the perfect seqway to a war. Read the following articles. Can u imagine if OPEC switched over to the Euro, how devastating it would be to the US economy?

Invasion of Iraq: Dollar vs. Euro

Oil, Currency and the War on Iraq

Besides US economy there were other reasons.
1.Foothold in the Middle East.
2.Saddam...payback time
3.Minor threats of terrorism coming out of Iraq (yes, minor)

I cant believe ppl bought the whole issue of freedom and WMDs.

[/ QUOTE ]

I completely agree. But at the time after 9/11, it was freedom that pushed everybody to go to war. Everybody's freedom was threatened by 9/11, so we had to go into Iraq and stop the bully. But hey, at least people are beginning to see that we're not fighting for freedom or WMDs.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well yeah, you got to give ppl what they want. Feeding what they want to hear. Ppl want revenge, you have carte blanche to go to war, blame it on somebody, anybody and go fight.

True ppl are starting to see through the crap now, but the day of 9/11, I was in Brooklyn...my ex-girlfriend and I went downstairs to this pizzaria to watch the news (our cable was out that day)...we see whats going on, and I tell her..."looks like Bush is going to get his war with Iraq."

Did I know for sure? No, but I thought it was a hell of a possibility. Who could not see the Bush vs. Saddam match up? If it wasnt war, they'd come to a head at some point.

Im amazed he got re-elected. Actually Im not...did u see a voting results map...where it maps out how the country votes? Almost every metropolitan area (just about every city) voted for Kerry...yet Middle america, which has an edge in pure #s, almost all voted for Bush. Its an intresting thing to think about.

I dont want to say being subserviant to rednecks and evangelicals sucks, but I will.