View Single Post
Old 02-10-2005, 12:55 PM

Default Re: Group Buy - Teddy KGB chips

[ QUOTE ]
1$ dark blue with 2 edge spots...boooooo!

You heard it here, two edge spots at 6 and 12 will not look good. This should be three white edge spots like the first mock ups.

DJ

[/ QUOTE ]

Phillip,

I would have to passionately agree with the DOC here.
I feel about as disappointed with the "2" edgespots on the $1 chip as I did when I thought that there would be no $500 chip.

And once again, I appreciate all the work you are putting into this, but let me say this:

I am ordering 750 chips. 300 of those are going to be the blue $1 chips. This will be my first real set of chips. These may have to last me many years, I probably wont buy another set for a long time.

Every thing about these chips are perfect for me, EXCEPT the 2 edge spots on the $1. I would have to say that others feel the same. Why have the 25 cent chip look better than the $1 chip [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]. For most of us, the $1 chips will be used more than any other chip in the set, and consequently, should look good.

I though that the three white edgespots were awesome. Please help bring these back. I don't want it to deter me from getting a set. Then again, I don't want to have this set for the next 20 years and look at the $1 edgespots, and think that I would rather have had the "three edgespots," and what could have been. I also think that the "3 spots" on the blue would compliment the "3 spots" on the $5 red, which would probably be the second most used chip in my case.

I think that having the "3" spots on the $1 chip, would also be a good business decision on your part. I think that when these chips go "live" they would sell better that the "2" edgespots. At $1.25 a chip, what would deter someone from just buying the NJ clays at the same price with more spots? (other than the KGB's are better obviously, but only we know that!)

Please Phillip, I emplore you, on behalf of myself and the others involved with this group buy, when you talk with Dennis tomorrow: please save the "$1" chip from butchering. Please help reimplement the blue $1 chip with THREE WHITE EDGESPOTS!

Thanks,
Tony.