View Single Post
Old 10-02-2005, 11:35 PM

Default Re: Why does one get soo many 3rds.

[ QUOTE ]
What do you want us to tell you? You asked how a person wouldn't get the results they want. This is because they're not playing in a way that will produce those results.

You might be playing too aggressively. You might be playing too passively. You might be too tight with your calls, or you might be too loose.

There's no diagnosis for "too many seconds and thirds." The only way is to actually analyze your play. Post some hands, tell us how you're playing...but don't ask questions that can't be answered satisfactorily to you.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think that this is the best response of them all so far. Each situation is different and the reason your getting a lot of thirds and why others might be are completely different.

I play goober aggressive late and well over the last 650 tourneys my third place has been higher then my first and second place even with a 18% ROI. That being said I have been working on slowing my roll a little bit when it gets late, been a little less aggressive and I have seen a drastic increase over the short term.

So.......

To tight late may equal thirds.
To aggressive late may equal thirds.

Post some hands, talk about them, learn from them, and don't be hating.

Kanye