View Single Post
Old 11-30-2005, 11:53 PM

Default Re: Folded to me in LP with a maniac in the blind

[ QUOTE ]
Anyways, the particular villain in the next two hands was 80/50/4, and I've never seen him fold on any street after a pre-flop raise

[/ QUOTE ]

If he's raising 50%, and will bet every single street regardless of what falls, I don't mind playing all-in mentality poker. I find two starting cards that I like, and get ready to see a showdown (think big cards -- suited connected things don't do well in this situation because you can't get in cheaply and you'll need to show down a made hand to win). Of course, if I should hit top pair or something, I'll push for extra action, but I'm otherwise treating it like an all-in for 3 BB.

Against a player of this type, the flop, turn, and river don't matter that much -- he's betting regardless of what he has. I'd actually prefer seeing a double paired board (second hand) because this means that there's less for him to connect with and you beat some legit hands like 99.

Someone may have a better strategy than this, but I suspect it would require you to be able to control villain, and I don't think that's happening very often.