View Single Post
Old 11-16-2005, 09:08 PM

Location: it\'s like a puzzle with pans. if you think about it.
Default KQs, how was this hand ?

i didn't have many hands played at this table but enough to see UTG seemed loose.

Ultimate Bet 1/2 Hold'em (10 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is UTG+1 with Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]. CO posts a blind of $1.
<font color="#CC3333">UTG raises</font>, Hero calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP1 3-bets</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, CO (poster) calls, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG caps</font>, Hero calls, MP1 calls, CO calls.

Flop: (17.50 SB) 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">UTG bets</font>, Hero calls, MP1 calls, CO calls.

Turn: (10.75 BB) T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">UTG bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, MP1 folds, CO folds, UTG calls.

River: (14.75 BB) K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
UTG checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG calls.

Final Pot: 16.75 BB

my thought process (likely flawed, since i suck and am still learning) was to cold-call preflop (rather than reraise, which is what i'd normally have done) in hopes of more action.

flop - pot was big so i called
turn - i reraise for value and semi-bluff ?
river - hit a K and pretty sure i had the hand.

thoughts ? terrible ? acceptable ?
thanks. [img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img]

edit: thinking back now, since i knew UTG was loose i think i should have reraised to isolate.? a big part of why i chose to call , is that i had just got done reading something about the benefit of playing KQs this way occasionally (at least i thought i did, but i'm dumb) and that affected my decision preflop, also i think i am too aggressive in my play and trying to fix that and it seemed a good thing at the time.
most concerned with flop/post-flop though.