View Single Post
Old 11-15-2005, 05:13 PM

Location: download an irc client at www.hydrairc.com (freeware not spyware), connect to irc.efnet.net, and join the channel #twoplustwo to chat live with other 2+2 posters
Default Re: Flat vs. Threaded?

[ QUOTE ]
I said I've "given up" because you want to turn this into personal attacks and name-calling rather than having a discussion

[/ QUOTE ]

you originally cited your reason for giving up was that i was turning it to semantics. i can assure you that i wasn't, and i provided a clear and simple definition to back up this point.

now you're saying you gave up because i turned it into a personal attack? could you please quote my personal attack against you that happened before you said you gave up?

the entire point of my involvement here is to have a discussion with the forum's best interest in mind.

people go imdb to look up movie/tv facts, and they MIGHT read or make a post. people go to amazon.com to make purchases, and they MIGHT read or make a comment. people go to slashdot for news. people go to fark for links. etc. they are not pure forums, and thus shouldn't be used for direct comparison as operational models.

as with the other forum examples i gave above, people go to the 2+2 forums to make and read posts. there is nothing that can be done on the 2+2 forum other than making and reading posts.

the fake "i'm sorry if i offended you" comment is both indirect and childish.