View Single Post
Old 09-30-2005, 04:56 PM

Default Re: Terrible Wynn dealer

First, it ISNT a misdeal because a card flipped over UNLESS it's one of the 2 first cards off the deck. In any game, stud or holdem. These things happen.

Now as for the dealer later calling it a misdeal. Did you possibly miss something? Like a 2nd card getting flipped over? Then it is a misdeal and the dealer would be correct in calling it such. Supposing of course he also called "time" or said something before there were 2 actions in the hand or a player said something prior to 2 actions. This generally stops all future actions no matter what. It doesnt matter if the players pay attn or not and go on acting if a dealer or player calls time. Any subsequent action after such is said is meaningless. I mention this "just in case" the dealer wasnt out of line.

Also once the "too late to get the floor over" happens, whether they APPEAR to care or not is of no concern. It's too late and it's over...get on to the next hand.

As for the drunk....maybe this dealer had enough of him. Who the hell knows. Not that I agree with not telling him the amount. But sometimes, its a known problem child and the dealer was just done dealing with him. Sometimes whats better for the game in the long haul is in conflict with your short term expectation.

Just a few random thoughts to consider. And I'm not suggesting your wrong. But this thread does not make for a terrible dealer. Just a couple unusual but not so unusual things within a very short timeframe. Shlt happens.