View Single Post
Old 12-18-2004, 06:02 PM

Default Re: Current Bellagio wait/game texture?

[ QUOTE ]
My question is about CURRENT conditions

[/ QUOTE ]Just got back from Vegas. Since MCS, Chief911 and I seem to be the only ones to actually read words on the page and then translate them into ideas in our heads, I thought I'd post post-trip regarding the tourney and how it affects the poker-room right now.

I don't think it made much of a difference. I waited for a seat a bit longer than I did on trips before, but I never ever waited more than an hour. The average wait was probably 30 minutes. One key thing is that, as Chief said, as the tournament empties some of their tables, they convert them to cash games. They have the space and they have the staff, so there are suddenly MORE games going on, not fewer.

I don't think the lower limit games got any harder, either. During the morning and noon, you'll find lots of grumpy old locals, but afternoon and evening, I found plenty of drunk gamblers. I just made a point of changing tables till I found one that would laugh at my jokes. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Another important point is that I got the impression that the high stakes games ($4/$8 ... thousand) were softer. I only assume this because the high-stakes area became really star-studded. I couldn't think of a poker-player that I wanted to gawk at that didn't come into the room at some point during my trip. So I guess this means that the tourney attracted fish which attracted sharks. I don't mean to imply that you should run out and play the $1k/$2k game, but you should definitely WATCH the $1k/$2k. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Good luck.
-Sam