Thread: Ace high
View Single Post
Old 12-15-2005, 04:21 PM

Default Re: Ace high

Jason thinks I should post more than "standard." Basically I'm a fish who [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]s Ace high calldowns but against an aggro opponent you're getting 8.5:2 on a calldown, and being good 1 time in 5.5 is going to be pretty damned easy. I've played against a lot of villains where this is a river fold, because they won't triple barrel you, but as I've moved up I've found people willing to committ a ton of bets in pots that are big (and this one is) trying to move you off anything.

You need to be good here about 18% of the time to show a profit. Against an aggressive villain you will be good close to that amount anyway (esp. against AT/KT/QT). In a situation where the calldown looks to be +EV you also get to see if villain is capable of triple barrel bluffing in the future. Additionally you don't actually need to be good quite 18% on your calldown as sometimes you'll improve and sometimes a river will show up that means you really can't call (JT6).

So yeah. It's not a fun calldown and one that you can only make against certain opponents, but against that sort (who Chris seemed to identify but his read was pretty limited), it's +EV.

Rob