View Single Post
Old 06-10-2005, 09:48 PM

Default Re: Top pair on a scary board

There's a fair number of hands we are ahead of (lone clubs, single pairs which, given their high VPIP is no means a given that if they have a J, say, they have to have JT or J9 or something connected. No reason they can't have T7 or Q6s). We also have a 3-out redraw to beat a straight (2 outs if someone has a non-club K). So I can't say I am sure we are behind yet, even against two opponents, but I am not in love with my hand and the pot is small.

However, given their passive nature, I think I bet the turn. My reason being they're passive, so I might not get raised by a straight (at least a low one) for fear of a higher straight, a flush, or what have you, people are weird sometimes. Same deal with two pair, which we have more outs to beat and which has a high probability of just calling. This just calling thing is nice because we have some outs against anything but a flush, so we'd like to see the river cheaply. But I also like betting because I am good here a decent portion of the time and single clubs will pay on the turn but not the river if they miss.