View Single Post
Old 12-01-2005, 12:43 PM

Default Re: Interesting hand from the Bellagio 2k tournament

call #1: don't like it. if i was going to play at all (which depends on the aggressiveness and chip stacks of those behind me, which you didn't provide), i'd re-raise all in. by simply calling and providing excellent odds for callers behind you, you're depending on those behind you to implicitly collude and not bet you off your hand if you miss the flop. your call represents a significant % of your stack and i don't feel comfortable relying on others to "play nice" and let me see the river for free -- which is precisely what i'm looking to do by just calling with AJ.

call #2: you're basically priced in at this point but now i'd DEFINITELY re-raise all-in (if possible) -- since i'm in this deep, i certainly don't want to be bet off my hand.

And without reads, i don't know how you could possibly put that player with QQ on a range as narrow as QQ+ -- at a minimum, he could easily have AK (suited or not) or JJ; I wouldn't be shocked to see 99-TT/AQs here either. Like you, he probably saw the first all-in as a desperate play by a weakish hand and knowing that you probably read it the same way and just called instead of re-raising to isolate, he may have assumed your hand wasn't all that strong either and that 1) he has you both beat and 2) you just might fold to his re-raise. with such a read, you can't expect him to fold hands like 99+/AK, AQ and he can't just call since the call would be nearly 1/2 his stack.