View Single Post
Old 11-21-2005, 11:36 PM

Default Re: Cause of Mason\'s change of heart in MHNL

What is the incorrect background assumption? Here is what he said:

[ QUOTE ]
I see now that what I was concentrating on was the interesting fact that the existence of future bets would help the jacks in limit (because it can knock out six outs on either the flop or the turn) but against most players those future bets would hurt the jacks and help the ace-queen suited in no limit (because of the increased implied odds).

[/ QUOTE ]

It seems to me like he noticed an interesting fact, ignored many other relevant details, jumped to an incorrect conclusion, and then posted about it. I don't see any background assumptions which he has re-thought.

Also, no one is discussing the actor(s) behind the change of heart! That is what this thread is for! I, personally, think that Mason complained to David about how daft the MHNL board was being and forced David to read through the whole thread. At the end of the thread, David forced Mason to see the error of his ways and convinced Mason to reply appropriately to the thread. Mason then made his first post of today and told David that he had done it. David then took a look and realised that it was still insufficient. Upon the completion of a fairly large argument, David prevailed upon Mason to write his second post.