View Single Post
Old 11-03-2005, 02:33 AM

Default Re: Party VIP offers - November

[ QUOTE ]
Thought I'd share.

I haven't played Party since the last reload in early September. In October I got a pop-up offering $160 for 1960 points. Playing at my current limit of $10/$20 6-max, it's actually not a terrible offer and equates to about 13.67% RB; I haven't played for it yet.

On Monday evening I sent an email to VIP stating that I'd heard Party was offering incentives for high-volume players to come back and play at Party. I described my Ocotber offer and explained that (1) it would be attractive as a Gold and possibly a Silver VIP member (I am a lowly Blue since I never play at Party); but (2) more important to me was a consistent "on all the time" incentive that scales to the number of hands / limits I play during the month.

I got a formulaic email offering details on the generic VIP club with a closing that someone would contact me shortly.

I received a call earlier today with an offer of $300 for 9,000 raked hands (not points). The offer itself was uniteresting as it is effectively 6.2% RB. I explained that I might play the October bonus just to see what the games on Party are like, but that the current offer for November wasn't interesting. I emphasized that I would be more interested in a longer-term offer that I could count on every month. The representative (British, articulate, informed) stated that she didn't set bonus levels / incentives, and further indicated that they are experimenting a bit with VIP rewards. She continued that some months it might be cash for points / cash for raked hands, some months it might be freerolls available only to the VIP club members, some months it might be a chance to play in land-based events, etc. She also indicated that the bonus offers would almost certainly improve with more play, but that since the program was so new she didn't feel comfortable promising anything. I reiterated that consistent, scaling rewards month in and out was of interest to me personally, and indicated that I tracked my play pretty closely as many high-volume players do; I explained that I figured I contributed approximately $0.40 per hand in rake, and $300 for 9000 raked hands just wasn't an incentive. When asked if I was rejecting the November offer I said that it would not encourage me to play 9000 raked hands at Party in Nov, so basically yes. I stated that I assumed the bonus offers were based on revenue generated for Party (hands, limits, etc.) and she confirmed. I encouraged her to check with those that determined the bonus offers (since she said she did not) to see if there was something more interesting available, and she asked permission to go back to her manager and call me back at some point if there was something more available. I said of course. We'll see. I think I'll clear the October pop-up offer over the next few days in the meantime.

[/ QUOTE ]

Haven't heard back from Party, though I am frequently away from the landline # that is attached to my Party account.

Nonetheless, my offer seems to have gotten better. I checked my account to verify that the bonus for the pop-up points-for-cash promotion was credited to my account -- it was. And a second bonus was there, too. $100, and labeled as "Bonus - after offer rejected" -- no clearing requirements listed in my bonus account page, and no message from Party about the bonus. So I went from $300 for 9,000 raked hands to $100 for 0 raked hands. I'm pleased, but confused about what sort of behavior this is supposed to promote. [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]