Thread: Quick Question
View Single Post
Old 01-26-2004, 05:58 PM

Default Re: Quick Question

hi mason
i'm now just settling in back at home here after trying out tunica. there's no aol in tunica so i haven't been able to post. i keep putting off switching to another server. anyway, this post addresses an area in my game that i'm very weak in. i was thinking about it on my way back home; stupid steal raising.....whew. it's kind of off the topic but oh, that stupid small blind again when steal raising. whoever said that you don't look left beyond the button before a steal raise? that was bad advice. for a month straight almost every one of my ruined steal raises was ruined by the SB. and i have no excuse because i could have easily looked left to the SB and gotten enough info to tell whether he'd call or not. but someone, i think briar, coached me not to. he said that you couldn't tell what the SB or BB will do. but that's not right. you can't tell what the BB will do, but the crummy SB always indicates whether he will fold or not. but i fluffed his indications off because that's what i was told. ooooo, i got popped too many times just stupidly looking left only as far as the button before a steal raise. if any of you out there know what your opponents will do before they do it, never ever steal raise without also considering what the SB will do. do not pay any attention though to the BB, but only the BB and not the SB. whew, will you ever lose by playing your steal raises without considering the SB. the stupid SB is probably more likely than the other players to tell you what he will do. whew. i know it doesn't sound important but if you begin to develop an ability to infer a little but have also been exposed to bad advice about not considering any inferences from the SB and BB since their little tells are crippled because they have a stake in the hand, well that's only true for the BB. even when the BB looks like he will fold, he will often call anyway. but not the SB. now the SB won't have the same demeanor as the button and CO, but that SB will 'anchor'. do you know what that means? well, it's a word i made up so even i'm not sure what it means. but the SB will like 'anchor' you know? anchorie like. wait, i have to reread your post.

oh right, the time thing. well, yes mason. they do consider this in the decision process. yes, i do think that you should steal in this situation, unless the SB is anchorie.