View Single Post
Old 10-16-2005, 04:23 PM

Default Re: Frat Party - Getting Girls to Stay

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

I didn't go to a frat, but I never understood the seemingly irrational hatred so many non-frat guys have towards those who did go to one. What's the big deal? Let it go and grow up.

[/ QUOTE ]

For me it is the general douchebaggery and the fact that you have to pay for your friends.

[/ QUOTE ]

The reason I hate them is cause they think they are better than you for this reason.

[/ QUOTE ]

But, you think you are better than them for the same reason. The difference is that they don't care about you, while you seem to take it personally and hate them. Basically, it comes across as jealousy when you hate that strongly for essentially no real reason.

Note I'm using "you" for convenience. What I mean by "you" is those who seem to have such a vitriolic hate for people who have done nothing to "you".

[/ QUOTE ]

The problem is that frat guys tend to act like assholes. If they simply paid money to hang out with their friends, had friend tryouts, and weren't pompous assholes during the part where I'm around it would be different. To be honest I probably wasn't fair to the OP who wasn't acting in this manner in his post.

I don't hate them for the reasons given, they are simply standard cliched responses to somebody being a dick. Again, you could certainly say I was out of line here but I figured my comment was fairly harmless.

Also, obviously decent frat boys exist it's just that the percentage of them that suck is much, much higher than average.