Thread: Live 10/20
View Single Post
Old 12-23-2005, 01:58 PM

Default Re: Live 10/20

[ QUOTE ]

First, my gut: I had a bad feeling about the cold calling and the straightforward guy betting into my three flush earlier.

Second, this is a game of regulars and this may be a mistake -- typically in this game, if someone has a made hand and it is obvious that there are better draws out there or that they may be beat, people check with the intention of calling to save a bet.

Third, I was pretty sure they knew I had the flush. If a flush was best I was not going to get any callers. If I was beat, I was likely to face a raise. A bet behind me could be a boat or a bluff -- I was calling unless it was two bets back to me.

[/ QUOTE ]

This logic is flawed. Of course they can be pretty sure you have a flush. But they can’t see your hole cards! Anyone with an ace-high flush is going to raise you. You might not want to 3-bet (kinda hard to tell how likely a boat is without knowledge of the other up cards), but even if you get raised your hand should be good the majority of the time. What’s more, they will still call you with trips or a good two pairs probably.