Thread: Hand...
View Single Post
Old 12-15-2005, 02:34 PM

Default Re: Hand...

[ QUOTE ]
I don't see a huge number of coldcalling hands that contain the flush draw. I also don't think everyone is going to play a flush draw for a 3-bet in this spot.

[/ QUOTE ]

Once again, the question is not whether you are an underdog; it's whether you are a 6:1 underdog. So you don't need villain to behave eccentrically very often to make calling correct. I think a far greater mistake to make at the higher limits is exactly this one: do not ignore the size of the pot when making a decision.

Another thing: villain was not test after the second king fell. His turn bet may just be a continuation of his flop agression. If you had him on a range of hands on the flop, some of which included a king and some of which didn't, then the effect of the second king is to reduce the chances of the hands in his range containing a king and increase the chances of the hands not containing a king. You had to have had him pretty much deadlocked on a king (or kings up or a set) on the flop for folding to be correct here. I DO think this is possible, but much more so in live play and when you really know an opponent.