Thread: Hand...
View Single Post
Old 12-15-2005, 01:09 PM

Default Re: Hand...

[ QUOTE ]
I don't think it really matters much if you call down or fold. Unlike Dane, I think he cool-calls a lot of Kings from the SB when you raise from MP. If your raise came from the Button than I would expect more 3-betting from good Kings.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree. I think he can have KT, KJ, KQ (discounted 50%). I don't see a huge number of coldcalling hands that contain the flush draw. I also don't think everyone is going to play a flush draw for a 3-bet in this spot. I mean the board is king high, I raised preflop. It's not unlikely that I have a pair of Kings which most people just are not going to let go of. I think a lot of players (me included) will play a flush draw passively here on the flop. Keep the 3rd player in for equity and go nuts if you hit.

[ QUOTE ]

My only concern is that a theme in your recent posts has been to avoid paying off with good 2nd best hands. If true, then it might start creeping into spots like this where calling down is probably a good idea in higher limit, aggressive games.

[/ QUOTE ]

It's a theme of my posts because I think it's what holds solid 10/20 players from being successful at higher limits. And I think many players don't even realize they are doing it. They just say, call down he'll have a flush draw here often enough.

Now in this particular hand I still am not sure what the correct thing to do is. But there is a lot of information on the table to consider and I think the right move will come out.

Krishan