View Single Post
Old 09-05-2005, 06:19 PM

Default Re: Time to Give Poker Superstars 2 Another Chance?

For anyone who missed it, this was basically what happened.

Round 2 of Group A's quarterfinal match I believe. Partifcipants are David Grey, Todd Brunson, Dewey Tomko and Carlos Mortenson.

In order for Todd Brunson to go to the next round, all of these things had to happen.

David Grey had to be eliminated first.
Dewey Tomko had to be eliminated second.
Todd had to beat Mortenson heads up.

I may be forgetting one thing, but i think that's all.

It basically led to some very awkward moments. At one point, the announcer said "Todd brunson has to fold here! He can not play a pot with dewey tomko at all!"

Another point was when Tomko was on the shortstack and Todd had TT vs Tomko's T8. He called Tomko's all in (or put him in? Dont remember the action) and was actualyl cheering for and regretting the move. I think Tomko luckily hit trip 8s, but again, someone else may correct me.

The whole thing was rather silly. Sure, it may have been more "strategic," but I hated it. It was sickening to watch how this played out and what Todd "had" to do to ensure his playoff spot. It kind of ruins the integrity of the game if you ask me.

And while I doubt any of it happened this tourney, it widely opens up the possibility of collusion to ensure one person continues onto the next round, or to ensure that one person DOESN'T continue to the next round. That's not exciting poker to me.