View Single Post
Old 12-31-2004, 02:53 AM

Default Re: STT basic strategy checklist

Points 1-3 look essentially fine. If I was going to pick nits, I'd perhaps suggest limping with all medium/small pairs from practically any position (one exception would be when it's folded to you in late position; on the other hand, you can play pairs for a small raise on levels 1-2 if the pot looks to be multiway), and erring on the tight side when it comes to hands like Axs and suited connectors. I might also suggest that a hand like 89s is probably better for pushing than A4o. But these suggestions would be minor compared to what I have to say about #4, namely: nope. If you have a comfortable/big stack on or near the bubble, you should take advantage of the fact that the medium stacks are trying to outlast the shorties by agressively going after the mediums' blinds. So, open-raise a whole lot when the medium stacks are in the blinds -- but be wary of small stacks who are ready to take a stand, as well as of agressive medium stacks who are itching to come over the top. If you raise with a trashy hand trying to take the blinds and a medium stack does play back, usually resist the temptation to make a "pot-odds" call. And do play tight when facing a raise yourself.