View Single Post
Old 12-15-2005, 07:31 PM

Default Re: Hand from Bellagion 5 Diamond

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Great post, I love the line and the reasoning. It's hard not to agree with you assessment that she is only calling with those two hands.

If she raises the turn, do you move in over the top? Or is your turn bet designed to get a show of weakness before you push the river (making it more likely you aren't gonna walk into a monster).

I ask because I see this play late in MTT's online by you and a few of your close friends. Turn lead and if not raises, big push knowing that you are not against the nuts.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm confused why you think this a good line. Gigabet played the hand in a way to get minimum information postflop but maximum opportunity to trap himself.

[/ QUOTE ]

I disagree with this entirely. Gig has all the information he needs to make this play. He's decided that she's going to fold everything but KK/66 here. When you figure that her range can be QQ+/AK, maybe to include JJ, then I think this is good. He had enough information to decide it was a high-probability play and went for it. Unfortunately it turns out she had the only conceivable hand there that he thought she'd call with.