View Single Post
Old 03-18-2004, 10:31 PM

Default 2+2 SNG Game Survey

2+2 SNG Survey

This is an open letter and survey to all SNG players over the past 10 weeks, and those who would like to play. We have basically not asked the players for input on the game since the first week of January, so it is probably time. We have had a gradual dropoff in participation over recent weeks as is not unexpected. Any new enterprise generates lots of enthusiasm initially. We would like to see the game return to it’s original enthusiasm. We have had input on PM from Tim Perkin, Stoneii, VinnyTheFish, AleoMagus, simon, and myself, to formulate this post and AleoMagus’ post on the new leaderboard.

Here is some of the input:
t_perkin:
Looks fine to me.
Personally I think the way to increase the value of these is to do more analysis on the games, certainly over an extended period of time. Doing some hardcore analysis on how the winners are winning and how the losers are losing is going to make the game a bit more value added. At the moment the only reason to play is social, there is not really any analysis of hands going on. Remember to post it in the Zoo and MTT forums as well as 1TT - you will get some good feedback from the Zoo I expect, and MTT can put up with one last post about these SnGs surely.
Stoneii
Positive feedback thus far. Will post response later. Could not find him today.
AleoMagus:
Ok, Tim has looked at the new system and had some good suggestions for what to do if we start getting lots of players on a 2nd table. I'm going to make a post today describing the system and getting this off the ground
VinnyTheFish:
I do agree with all the questions. The only advice that we will get, that is not possible, is to create a password tourn. (and Vinny is right, at this time it is not possible.)
simon:
I think one of the major factors to consider when trying to explain the dropoff in numbers is that private tournaments are rife at the moment on 2+2. KotZ, HULA, HUSH, BoSS, Zoo vs SS vs Toons etc. It's difficult to be involved with everything, so that may be a potential reason. I don't think there is any way round this, but the SNGs are definitely worth persevering with.
As far the site these events are played at is concerned, Poker Stars seems like the best option right now. I know they don’t want to host these games as a private tournament, this may not be such a bad thing. Whilst we get some non 2+2ers in these SNGs, that is not so bad because they add to the games and some even start posting as a result - this is great to keep the 2+2 paymasters happy. These are my feelings on the subject, thanks for asking my opinion. Feel free to post any of these ideas on the boards if you feel they are relevant.
Doc:
The one change I am going to make for now is scheduling. We have a Wednesday conflict with WPT. Some of you are watching, some are fishing, but either way we are losing players on Wednesday nights. Therefore, starting next week the schedule will be:

Thursday 9:30PM EST with the exception of:
Tuesday 9:30PM EST on any week that there is a KotZ game.

As of this week we will have a new scoring system which has been developed over several days, a drink or two, some yelling, and eventually a lot of accord that it is fair, is in the interest of the games, and fairly represents everybody except ByronKincaid, who will just have to win 5 more.

Starting this week, we will also have more help in making the games successful. Tim and Stoneii will be organizing the Euro game. Vinny and I will be organizing the US game, and AleoMagus and Simon will be posting the scoring. I want to thank Billy, Brad, Simon, Tim, and Vinny for their help and enthusiasm in working on rejuvenating the SNG games. We all want your help too!

We believe there is a community of poker players at 2+2 who enjoy playing together on an regular basis at a reasonable buy-in, in a fundamentally social setting. (Or as social as a bunch of competitive poker players get!) We would like to see that continue, but to do so it needs to be in a format that is in the best interests of the entire group, therefore, we want your ideas and answers.

Therefore I am going to ask some questions to which we would appreciate answers so we know how to provide you the best game. Responses on 1 Table Tournament Forum, Please.

1. What do we need to do to improve participation in the games? Including both the Tuesday “Euro” games in the afternoon US time and evening Euro time and the games in the evening US time.
2. How many missed last night’s game, or the week before in favor of the WPT on television? Is the schedule change above better? Do you have other ideas?
3. Was the Saturday $13+1 satellite to the Sunday $215 a good idea? Should we do it again? How often? 200+15 only? Or 500+30 also?
4. Would a time that is more conducive to both the European group and the US group be a better idea? Suggestions?
5. We will have a Leaderboard starting this week. It has had input from a number of people and we think it is a good system. Player input is welcomed.
6. Do the ideas, additions, and changes in this post help?

Anyone is welcome to respond to this survey. We would especially like feedback from the “SNG Regulars” who have participated in 3 or more of the previous games:

Alekhine8 (Land O Lakes),
Bluff1 (Salem),
Bozeman (Bozeman)
ByronKincaid (Carshalton),
ClaudioReyna (Webster),
ClemsonAce (Lexington),
Colgin (New York)
CrisBrown (Wesley Chapel),
d9090 (Chinese Camp ),
debaser (Buckingham),
HelmetSky (Ramat-Gan),
heyrocker (Chicago),
Hotrod0823 (Brookfield),
jedi333 (Oceanside),
jpg777 (Ballston Spa),
jwp22 (Gaithersburg),
KURN (Cranston),
lorinda (Coventry),
MobyDick (København),
napawino (Brandon),
NotMitch (Somerville),
ocean_461 (Tempe),
ohKanada (Leander),
Poker Jon (Chigwell),
pvl000 (Troy),
Rhonda B (New York City),
Ruddiger (Sammamish),
spike_tt (Swindon),
Stagemusic (Taylorville),
SteelBallsD (kerrville),
superleeds (Fairfield),
TheStrength (Penarth),
thomastem (Marengo),
wayabvpar (Bellevue),
Zorac (Memphis),

Games for 2+2 posters. Not sponsored by Two Plus Two Publishing.

Doc,
Vinny,
Tim,
Stoneii,
AleoMagus, &
-simon-