View Single Post
Old 02-18-2005, 01:00 AM

Default Going for the gold

I'm 23 and have been a successful poker player for about 4 years now. I play in the winter and run a lawn biz in the summer. I recently started trading about 4 months ago. I got tired of playing cards.. just seemed like a constant grind that I never see myself gettin rich at. I'd average about $2500 a month profit but after my morgage payment and other expenses, I wasn't making as much as I'd like. I have all the goods now.. insider purchase alerts, live newsires, and the advanced anylyzer from ameritrade. I put $3500 into the account and now have 8k. Apparently the government has restrictions on what a daytrader can do if they have less then 25k in their account (long explaniation, but they'll lock up your margin and shorting ability). Well I don't know how they say most daytraders lose, but I see ridiculous returns on stocks that i've missed. Make a long story short.. I'm going to get me a 40k home equity loan tomorrow and im going for the gold! Plannin on making 100k minimum the first year.