View Single Post
Old 11-26-2004, 09:55 PM

Default Re: Is Soda Bad For You?

It's the artificial sugar. I don't want to post a mountain of research here, but it's VERY bad for you.

Aspartame is the other name for nutrisweet, etc. It is a very bad substance. If you look up research on the web, you'll find out some very bad things about aspartame, and how it's generally overlooked.

The short answer is that sugar is something your body understands and can more easily process.

I'm not saying either type of soda is good for you, but anything with Aspartame in it is bad news, as I understand it.

If there are still doubts when I get back on 2+2 tomorrow, I'll try to dig up as much research as I can and post links to it. It has been a few years since I read much of it, so I don't have the links off the top of my head.

I also don't want to go into all the things bad about aspartame, because any of the reasearch (if i have to provide it) will state the details much more completely than I could.

That said, I think googling "aspartame" and reading a few of the hits would provide a person with a pretty good idea of what I'm talking about.