View Single Post
Old 10-06-2005, 07:10 PM

Default Re: Trying to improve my river play...bottom 2 call or fold?

wow, this is a legit tough tough river spot.

what does he think you have? probably nothing a fair amount, so he COULD very well have air. he certainly doesnt think you have KK or 56... So he could see this as a blocker.

Certainly if he has a big king he bets the turn? Or maybe not, but then he would just call the river.

So yeah, looks like KJ or bluff, I agree, and Im a fish who calls way too much and as a result my W$Sd is bad, but I pay off 400 to win almost 1600.

BY THE WAY, and this is not results thinking, but given turn went check check, I'd consider check / calling this river. It looks alot more like a draw (which has missed) and betting and getting raised (unless you made the call and it was right! [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] ) is sickening.

Plus, if you check, he could very well bet any king for value. (If he didnt bet it on the turn) Too bad turn went check/check..

Edit: By draw missed, I guess only realistic is 78. (Unless he's gambling w/ a gut or something) I misread the turn as "two tone" to mean it made two two flushes, but the flop was rainbow.

The point is this makes a draw less likely... But... If he did call pf with KQ or KT etc and you check T + R he WILL throw a value bet out eh?

Although maybe original bet is good as stands. [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]