View Single Post
Old 12-14-2005, 04:23 AM

Default Re: Blind Battles: Hand #8

[ QUOTE ]
The worry about c/cing any time you have A-hi

[/ QUOTE ]

By no means am I advocating check calling down every time with Ace high. I said to I thought it was best to call down as long as you think calling is better than folding. The thing is that on a T high board it is very likely that the preflop 3-bettor has either Ace high, two overcards, or a pair. I would be surprised if he ever folds a pair immediately to a turn checkraise and it sounds like from TStones description that he is very unlikely to fold a better Ace high either. Folding a 6 outer has a little value, but it isn't exactly a coup since he is only getting 7 to 1 after your turn raise. Also, if he has seen you pull this checkraise the turn move then give up on the river move before he may take the pot away from you with a worse hand. I am sure I must be wrong, but it appears that checkraising for value is ill advised as is checkraising for the purpose of folding a better hand. It it is for metagame that's a different story, but in isolation it strikes me as incorrect in this hand. Hopefully the light bulb will come on in my head at some point.

Cartman