View Single Post
Old 12-18-2005, 09:44 PM

Default Re: Why did Jesus have to die?

[ QUOTE ]
christians will always look down on athiest because they are blinded by their faith. So does it really matter if my grammer is terrible.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hiya Hashi92,

You are right, they are blinded, and it doesn't matter regarding ur grammar. It is just that some people are so used to tell others what to do and how to live their lives that they are not even conscious of it. U could say that, al least, in that respect, but probabbly with regards others too, they are of limited consciousness and little capable of empathy.

One of the interesting phenomena you can observe on this forum where the balance of believers to non-believers is not so usually highly weigthed against atheists, is that believers seem to be very uncomfortable with this fact and with the fact that thier fundamentals could be questionned at all. It may very well indicate that the herd mentality isrequired as propicious ground for the growth of religion. I have often wondered what would give cause to so many abrogating reason and choosing unreason. Must be some form of cognitive dissonance effect. Not that this is a bad thing, as you will see from the many postings, most of them are psychopaths which need religion to keep their propensities and proclivities in check. What I mean is that most express the view that religion is what keeps the world moral. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] That there would only be rape, murder and other mayhem if they were not kept in check by their religion.

Now, to answer your original question, the only thing I can think of, is that since they have not got the moral sense found in non-believers, that, in some way, they have projected all those unconscious evils in themselves to a god which, thus ,become the epitome of all the immoral (ie ask sacrifices, kill his son, inflict suffering, etc...) albeit as a projection.

In Jungian terms it is a pure projection of the shadow. Unusually, that projection is somehow on an archetype, thus displacing/interfering with the archetype usual functionning.