View Single Post
Old 12-13-2005, 01:26 AM

Default Re: Pwned by Freddie Deeb, WPT Bellagio ME

I like your play on every street of both hands and agree with the reasons you gave. I think calling a min-raise with small suited connectors, position (edit), and stacks that deep is a no brainer. I'm really interested to see the decisions you made on these hands.

Hand 1:

The only thing I might do differently is raise the turn. It's a good way to find out if he's just messing around, and lets you protect against the 4th heart. He'll probably fold a decent amount here. If he raises, you fold. If he calls, you may still have the best hand and you've probably just earned a free showdown on the river.

As played, I don't think the river is an obvious fold, only because I'd probably play Deeb's hand in the same manner even if I didn't have any cards. He could have a big heart but he could absolutely have air here. Still, I probably sigh, fold, and hate myself for it because I'm far from convinced.

Hand 2: He turned a set of Queens? Well, maybe he did and maybe he didn't, but I like everything you did here and I think you're ahead. If I knew he had a set, I'd raise, but my default here is to call him down. Protecting your hand does have some value, but I don't know that it's enough to offset the times when you push ~30k in chips in and get busted. Also, you'd take away his chance to bluff the river with the worst hand.