Thread: 5 HU hands.
View Single Post
Old 12-12-2005, 05:26 AM

Location: duffman is thrusting in the direction of the problem (mets are 9-13, currently on a 1 game winning streak)
Default Re: 5 HU hands.

i think your river play in hand 2 is great. bet-calling sucks, you cant bet-fold headsup, and if you check you might induce a bluff since he is representing an A. i think theres more value from inducing a bluff than value betting

hand 3 you cant fold the turn vs this guy. he can go nuts sometimes. the J doesnt change much. the Q and river bet scare me. there were no real draws on the flop so he isnt likely to be pure bluffing, and i dont think hes bluffing his A high again.

hand 4 is fine i think

hand 5 your turn bet is very bad. that is a line i will sometimes take if i have no pair. the A is an easy card to represent. but you representing the A will get you called by slightly better hands (no gain), raised by much better hands (-1 BB), and youll sometimes cause worse hands to fold (-1 or 2 BB). the only time you gain is when he has a hand that would pay 2 bets to call, but will check behind on the turn and call a river bet. id let him keep trying to represent the A if hes bluffing. plus, he might check behind some better hands.