View Single Post
Old 11-11-2005, 07:22 PM

Default Re: Disgusting Comments by OP

[ QUOTE ]
1. I think the issue whether Bush distorted and cherry picked the intelligence, and that the House and Senate relied on this intelligence.

[/ QUOTE ]
I believe there have been several reports that have exonerated the Bush administration of pressuring the intelligence people to distort the intelligence. Either way, I don't think the executive branch has a choice in what intelligence they present to the respective committees in Congress.

[ QUOTE ]
2. I don't give a [censored] about Clinton. I don't like him all that much, and he may have been lying. Wouldn't be the first time. I don't understand why you included this here, as Clinton's opinion on anything (and ironically enough, on terror) is not/has never been seriously considered in any of Bush's policies. I guess you are just banking on everyone that hates Bush loving Clinton and thinking him a paragon of honesty. Also, Clinton didn't invade Iraq.

[/ QUOTE ]
When deciding to got to war with another country that's been attacked by the previous two administrations, would it really be wise to totally dismiss everything the last president has said about Iraq? There was even a bill passed by Congress and signed by Clinton that said that regime change in Iraq is the official policy of the U.S.(Iraq Liberation Act). Surely these actions shouldn't all be thrown out the window because a new guy is in the Oval Office...

[ QUOTE ]
It's not as if Bush shared every single bit of information and intelligence in a completely disinterested manner.

[/ QUOTE ]
Obviously there was an interest as he was making the case for war, but I don't believe Bush has a choice of whether to share info with Congress.