Thread: $22 full HH #3
View Single Post
Old 09-21-2005, 06:48 AM

Default Re: $22 full HH #3

Scanned it through really fast, and noticed the same AT and AJ hands.

Didn't see the 54o hand, but it looks like a push.

[ QUOTE ]
The AT hand I was basically taking a stab at the blinds. I felt like I left myself enough to fold if reraised. After I got called and that flop came, I was done with the hand. I was just happy he let me chop that pot OOP.

[/ QUOTE ]

If you want to take a stab at the blinds, do it from button or CO.

If you could steal the blinds here often enough, it would be correct to raise with any two.

EDIT: Didn't remember you were that short stacked. With 580 chips you shouldn't raise 175 intending to fold to a reraise. If you raise here, you should just push.
But I'd fold.

[ QUOTE ]

The AJ push: I think it's a pretty close decision between pushing and folding. I feel like I've been playing a little too passive, so maybe this was overcompensating.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't think it's that close. You're not desperate here and there's too many hands to act behind.

I'm also too passive, but I think my leak is I don't always have the courage to push any two from SB or button.

And I think you might have similar problems:

[ QUOTE ]

The 45 fold: eh, I guess I could have pushed. I wasn't in *awful* shape and if called, I'm pretty screwed. Again, I think this is close, but I'd rather err on the side of folding with a hand like this.

[/ QUOTE ]

You're the short stack here and need to double up or steal as much as possible.

Too often I fold in similar spot thinking I'm not desperate yet. And then after few hands I find myself looking at J4o UTG with 3 BB's left.

Someone calling ain't a disaster here unless you're against 66+.
And if you'd push QJo here, these pokerstove results may surprise you.

equity (%) win (%) tie (%)
Hand 1: 33.6283 % 33.15% 00.48% { 54o }
Hand 2: 66.3717 % 65.89% 00.48% { 22+, A2s+, KTs+, QJs, A2o+, KJo+, QJo }

equity (%) win (%) tie (%)
Hand 1: 39.1473 % 37.31% 01.84% { QJo }
Hand 2: 60.8527 % 59.01% 01.84% { 22+, A2s+, KTs+, QJs, A2o+, KJo+, QJo }