View Single Post
Old 08-20-2005, 08:01 PM

Default considering getting a different type of poker coach

I've reached a point where I am unhappy with where I am at as a full time poker player. what's more I am completely frustrated and depressed with my inability to make the changes I want on my own. my problem is I cannot get myself on a regular schedule which involves enough hours to reach my goals. This then causes a lack of bankroll growth and moving up. I know the problem started with a period of post divorce depression I went through where I basically lost my work ethic. However I just cant seem to get myself back on track regardless of how many times I try. I'll do a good job for a week or two and then just fizzle out again and again.

I started reading this book "the power of focus" and I can see that I have some developed some very bad habits. These don't just affect my playing poker but also things like letting bills, that I am capable of paying sit around until they go past do, and not getting out or really having a life. I get so pissed at myself as a result.

Anyways to help me with the poker part I was thinking about searching for and hiring a non strategy poker coach who would help me with the following areas, designing a attainable schedule and helping me getin the habit of doing it. Additionally coming up with a bankroll management and setting some goals.

Has anyone done or heard of something similar?

Any suggestions, comments?