View Single Post
Old 12-24-2005, 03:03 PM

Default Re: Party Scratch Card Promotion

[ QUOTE ]
Please note that you have ALREADY SCRATCHED free PartyPoker.com Scratchcard 24-Dec- 2005, and have won a GUARANTEED prize!

[/ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
...once you've earned 40 regular Party Points in a day, you will be eligible for a FREE Scratchcard on the following calendar day after 11.00 am (ET) which will reveal a prize!

[/ QUOTE ]

Folks, this boils my potatoes. Allow me a little rant if you will:

Speaking as someone building a poker site who's still looking from the outside in like a hungry street urchin, I can't stand this kind of misrepresentation. It's one thing to give hope in a promotion, but it's quite another to use absolutes. "will recieve a prize", "guaranteed prize". These do more than hint at winnings. They basically say 'get this and you get something.'

It's this kind of false advertising that gives people a bad taste in their mouth towards the entire online industry. Unfortunately, Party is the first stop for most first timers. If they strived to gain these 40 points for what they most certainly must think will be a prize, only to get what amounts to the Coke bottle cap 'congrats, you lose' message, other promotions from other places suffer.

Let me go on record now and state that when our new site goes up and ANYONE finds that ANY marketing message we put out is as misleading as these are, feel free to verbally pimp slap me on any forum.

Damn it Party, don't piss in the fish bowl.

Douglas