View Single Post
Old 11-06-2005, 11:20 PM

Default Results...

[ QUOTE ]
garland please clarify something...is this the hand that took place on L@TB?

and if it is it wasn't a checkraise on the river the announcers just got the action wrong...i pushed the river...however because i had verbally declared all-in on the river and didn't toss the 5K chip into the pot until after i was called the commentators incorrectly stated that i called a checkraise all-in.

sorry to dissapoint all you guys who were hoping i made some kind of sick read...while i have made some pretty big calls with pretty marginal holdings this wasn't the case here.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, this happened at Live At The Bike about 5 or 6 months ago. I only have the announcers and what I see on the screen to go by. It appeared that you put one chip out on the river, the announcers said $1K bet and Frank moved all his chips to the middle and that you called.

Now it's apparent that you pushed the river, which makes more sense. I didn't think a $1K bluff made much sense into a $3K pot. You must have put Frank on a weak J that you were trying to push him off of.

I guess I would have played it differently on the turn by checking. I'm drawing live with the nut flush draw and overs, and I'd prefer not to get check-raised all-in right there. However, you probably had a read that Frank was weak so you tried to take it down right there.

Results: Frank shows Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] for the win. (Kim had pocket 8s)

Thank you, riverboatking, for making sense of this hand. It was bothering me for a few weeks (it's one of the hands that gets played over and over when Live At The Bike isn't on air).

Garland