View Single Post
Old 07-14-2005, 02:03 PM

Default Re: Remind me how to win the most here...

[ QUOTE ]
How do you guys feel about a flop checkraise or check/call depending on where the bet comes from?

The players were passive, but I didn't think it'd get checked around with 8 players in the pot.

[/ QUOTE ]

I like fastplaying a big hand like this for a couple of reasons:

1. Deception. When you get fancy and do things like check-raising, people tend to worry that you have a monster. When you lead out on this flop, your hand range is extremely wide, and almost no one's going to read you for a flopped nut flush.

2. With this flop, either you're going to get action or you won't. This depends entirely on what cards your opponent holds and much less on you getting tricky. If they've got no pair no diamond or bottom pair no diamond etc, nothing you do is going to induce them to call. If they've flopped two pair, a set, or have something like K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] or even another flopped flush, this flop is going to get jammed. You might as well fastplay it and hope someone plays back at you.

About the only time I really like a check-raise is if someone on your immediate left raised preflop, and you can count on them to help you trap the field. Otherwise I say just keep firing and build the pot.