View Single Post
Old 03-27-2005, 11:48 PM

Default Re: First B&M Observations

[ QUOTE ]
Did you play all weekend at the Gold Strike? I was there Friday night from 5:20pm to 3:20am mostly playing the 6/12 game they had going but I was at a 3/6 table for a while before the 6/12 game started and after it broke up. You should check out the Horseshoe the next time you're in Tunica, it's definitely a more enjoyable poker experience. I just don't like the staff at the Gold Strike much, they're rarely helpful, they've given me attitude when I ask for a food comp, there's hardly ever any cocktail waitresses around and when they are it takes forever to get drinks once you've ordered, I once took a break for about 20 minutes to grab a quick bite to eat and they had someone playing over me by the time I got back. It was still the same dealer so I know I couldn't have been gone for very long. Not to mention the game selection gets worse every time I go there, this last time all they had for limit holdem was 3/6 and that was on a Friday night.

[/ QUOTE ]

Interesting. My take so far has been that the GS lets players take breaks that are too long - like an hour. But, yeah, they do need to explore the 2 cocktail waitress concept. I haven't had any probs getting comps there though - and a woman at my table was saying the rooms there were really nice, so I might check them out sometime and take a poker day vacation.

Actually, I was thinking of checking out the HS on my next trip to Tunica - probably the 4/8. I think I saw that their new poker room opens sometime in April - suposed to be an upgrade.

BTW, I was at GS Saturday afternoon and night playing 3/6.