View Single Post
Old 12-30-2005, 04:57 PM

Default Re: Punishing Autopilot TAGs

Hyperd,

[ QUOTE ]
But how will the EV calculations change if you call and C/R the turn as a bluff?

[/ QUOTE ]

I didn't do that calculation, but I would think it would be less profitable in most situations simply because the bet size is doubled (meaning doubled the amount of bets you are losing when it doesn't work) and people generally don't like folding on the river. I could be wrong though.

Car and Bigbrother,

[ QUOTE ]
So, I guess my question is, what limits are you talking about here?

[/ QUOTE ]

I actually play mainly shorthanded now and situations like this come up more frequently simply because there are more heads-up pots. On the other hand, TAGs are also more likely to call down with ace high in shorthanded games as well. In either case, I like to try to find TAGs who are clearly playing multiple tables or who fold too much and it should be profitable against them at any limit. In general, I would assume it is harder to pull off as you move up.

Miles,

[ QUOTE ]
this is exactly the type of thread lurkers lurk for - multitabling TAGs telling everyone how to exploit multitabling TAGs.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree. However, it is pretty damn hard to tell if somebody is doing this against you unless they've done it multiple times. Furthermore, it's easy to take the idea too far. If somebody starts calling down all my checkraises, I can simply adjust and just start checkraising all my good hands and get more value out of them than usual.