View Single Post
Old 03-02-2005, 01:10 PM

Default Re: Utterly confused with KK

I dont hate the raise on the flop with fewer callers (1 or 2). Heads up it is a wonderful move. I have had people lead the flop and fold to a flop raise in this situation many times - you clearly are representing the ace. Without an ace the other player cannot call. You might get some weak-tight players to fold an ace weak kicker here also.

In this hand: You raised preflop representing the big hand. I think this raise is questionable with this many players involved in the hand. An ace came on the flop - you raised and still got bet into with 3 callers on the turn. The ace on the turn makes it less likely that someone else has an ace. The BB could be leading with 44 or TT here and just hoping your AK with trips comes back with a raise. He could also be leading an Ax hand.

One reason I dont like this play here - If you raise the flop and it is checked to you on the turn - do you plan to check behind or bet?

However, I think at this point in the hand your KK is a 2-outer and there are only 10 BB in the pot. Time to give it up. Fold the turn.